Monday, 4 October 2010

London...


I think I'm going to London now, just because I had a sudden urge to do something involving red buses and phone boxes. I had a chat with Paul today and he was explaining that the areas in London are very diverse and that different things would appeal to different areas. So it all depends on where I want my Yo! Sushi restaurant to be. If it was in the west end, then typical touristy images would be appropriate, where as people who say live in Notting hill wouldn't really respond as much to these images as they are not tourists in London. 


So now I'm really stuck on what area to chose. However before having a chat with Paul, I had been looking at an artist called Paul Kenton http://www.paulkenton.com/ who paints cityscapes. I really like his painting which really pick out the red buses of London. 



I was going to do something similar to this, but now I think I may challenge myself a little more and maybe look at things not as obvious.

No comments:

Post a Comment