In this project I chose London as the city I wanted to brand. London has so many different areas, so I decided to look into individual areas to see how they could be branded. I wanted to do something a bit different to just “tourist” London, so I chose Carnaby Street, as I thought London in the 60s (which is the time period Carnaby street is most associated with) would make a really good mural because of the 60s patterns and colours. My mural contains images of iconic 60s people and fashion trends. I have also included some tourist London images. The rest of the mural is made up of 60s patterns which I have copied and adapted from books, fabrics and photographs. I have hand drawn all the images then coloured them in on Photoshop. I think my style looks contemporary and that it would appeal to the target audience. For the Yo!Sushi logo, I have chose a 60s psychedelic style typeface to write “London” in.
When thinking of designs for my direct mail, menu and wine bottle, I treated each piece like a piece of art. For example for the wine bottle, I didn’t just want to create a rectangular label that stuck onto the middle of the bottle. So I decided that the patterns and type would wrap round and cover the whole of the bottle.
Over all I am really pleased with the work that I have produced in this project. I think I have branded Carnaby street well, and in a contemporary way too. All of the pieces of work I have created are in the same style but all have different images and aren’t just copied and pasted from my mural. I managed my time really well, by getting on with my mural in the early stages, so that I had an established style that could be applied to everything else.
No comments:
Post a Comment